Tuesday, August 14, 2007

One stop shop

I went to buy a tube of size 24. Now I was expected to know its width too. I said I wanted some resistant tube. After a phone call, I had the size as 'normal'. Now the shopkeeper believed that there was no normal size. I concur. Then I was expected to look around and point to a similar bike for an idea about the tyre. Now what do you expect of a person who had a bike for a year and didnt know until recently that it had numbered gears. While looking for the cycles.. needless to say that I was imaginatively trying on each cycle..Thats when I was distracted by the camelbacks around.. I have to get that for a hike.. In that built up looking for the list, I asked if they had poles. Now after a phonetics class of bowls and cereals.. in a semi offended tone he said '(Heavens sake..).This is a bike store. go to rei for your cane..' . I knew I could get that stuff at REI. But as it goes with one kind of humans.. I want it at a local store..Well, blame it on the overlap.. When one of the things on the wanted list matched.. I thought I would find the rest..For a minute, the situation seemed like ... when I enetered the store.. the place looked so populated with Alice Land props.. that this place would have eveything...

No comments: