Sunday, May 16, 2010

More drawing lessons

Beginning this book with some 'before'sketches, what was to be a sketch of my grandmother turned out to be a young woman of a different race. If this were some shamanistic drawing, it would send me on a distant voyage to find my ancestors. when I drew a self portrait, my roomate thought I drew a hag. next time I am going to draw a distorted me to get it right. Some exercises in the drawing book seemed easy. Filling one side of the vases (which also form the face contours) looking at the other. I was using my left brain which I should not have for the purpose of letting the right brain kicked in. Recognising Einstein's from an upside down picture. Now that deserves a pat. The most interesting exercise of this book was drawing pictures upside down. That is a surprise. Another interesting one was drawing negative spaces. I now have a picture which looks like the opened mouth of an animal seized in time whose dentition should baffle any zoologist.

No comments: