Sunday, February 20, 2011

Correcting observation

Today I drew a golf cart and goose without looking. My memory of the wheels of a golf cart in relation to the chassis is all wrong. I had the chassis elevated above the tires which is not the case. The steering wheel reaches out like a funnel. the goose it need a longer neck and tapering thighs?
I have noticed that a sketch of a ballet dancer in motion with her right knee in the front and her left knee with her leg pointing up and her hands high in air is liberating each time I see it.
Ballet sketches with their anatomical incongruencies bring a sense of lightness to the viewer. Case in point, the ballet still for a Rudolf Friml Waltz in youtube. a dancer in short round skirt with her right toe on the floor and her left leg right above her head.

No comments: