Friday, October 12, 2012

ABC does not live here

How are you at checking your mail? Is it a chore that you have to do so as not to collect it at the post office.? Like laundry, there is an acceptable limit of procrastination. Not a tough task when you think about it. But it needs to get done.
In that precious mail space, where my mail can collect in comes mail addressed to a new addressee. I called the rental office to let them know and check if another resident of theirs swapped the building number. A couple of days in, we know have become a mail service sending it to the office with manager's prompt 'Oh, I'll take care of it for you right away' which means plan another visit when I'm not here.
When I saw a A4 size packet not for me, I fueled myself up for a duel and started in a simulated tone :
Me: Its the third time I'm here about this. I keep getting this ABC's mail in my mailbox.
Asst: Honey I dont deliver the mail
(I totally had to switch my tone)
We were trying to figure why this is happening.
Asst: Does your mailbox have names in it
Me: Only mine
Defending why the mail needs to be routed if its in their channels
Asst: I'm going to return it to sender
I went to the mail box and there I see my name card space split into half with a black line with ABC below it.  
How did this happen unbeknownst to me. But we forget the Postman/woman with the super key who can write any name they like and you ferret the unwanted mail. In news isUndeliverable mail experiment helps us understand why some governments work well and others fail. Unbeknownst to me am I part of an experiment?

Things to do:
ABC



No comments: