Saturday, November 04, 2006

I dont want to live a 100

My friend told me of her far relative celebrating her 100th birthday. They had a tough time finding a birthday card. When I think of it, I think I will just live till 50. I dont know why I am so sure of it. I would die, if I had to live more than that.

************************

Oh today I had been given a chance to play an Angel in my friends life. I noticed that their dishwasher was on this 'low water' alert mode. I reported this beep to them. whatever they did to this piece of info, eventually they have a bigger cleaning problem than they started with before they put the dishwasher to use.

I just got an idea for a tag 'Instances you played an Angel'.
Maverick

5 comments:

The Cydonian said...

You know, I've never thought about old age, really, although many summers ago, when I read Arthur C Clarke's Odessey 3, I did hope that I could live till 2061 when Halley's Comet returns and I could somehow grab a trip to that comet, much like the protagonists in the novel did. (In fact, the particular fantasy was to somehow play cricket on Halley's Comet; that hitting a six could put a cricket ball into _orbit_ somehow activated my adolescent mind then)

But yeah: strike me curious now, but what's so scary about old age? :-)

adhyayan said...

Meta: Its not about what after getting there, its about getting through...

I am open to the thought of living ages if somehow I could just be a still observer....

Anonymous said...

living 100,i dont mind if i'd be a youth forever or els gimme another big revolution.but otherwise i'd like to die at a not so old age when im just at the cross roads.

will write the tagged post very soon, watch out !

The Cydonian said...

Even more curious then; why do you say the journey is more scary than the result? :-)

adhyayan said...

Meta: Looks like I am waiting for the strong reason in favor of long life...I hate to admit that I might take a long while to learn living and still looking forward to it...