Saturday, July 14, 2007

South Mountains

Enroute Flagstaff, when we came across Hidden Hollow Road, I said aloud, I am not going anywhere which starts with "Hidden..." Such was the experience last time when we had to turn around as we could not climb a smooth rock on the Hidden Valley Trail at South Mountains.
When I got to this tunnel I asked myslef "Where am I?". You will too. Rocks over rocks formed years ago. Reading about these rocks, I am trying to imagine the temperature and pressure that created these rocks. This time once we got over climbing the rock we shied away from last time, we went beyond that and came across Fat Man's Pass. That was an interesting side walk.
On this trail we spotted some Cholla. It will be nice if I get to see a cactus flower bloom.

Recently I saw a mountain just by itslef and no ranges in the middle of a flat land. Have to find out its name. I have come as far in knowing that its close to Higley road.

1 comment:

Maverick said...

n did u make it thru d fat man's pass? i doubt abt myself :)