Friday, February 19, 2010

How long

do we have to stay in a place before we know everything about it? The first I knew of manzanita was as a university dorm name. On a hike, the bark did attract my camera. In Mountains Next Door, Janice Emily Bowers

The Manzanita whose seeds must burn before they can germinate tempts us to believe that we too must pass through fire if we are to consume to fruition.


had me run for the know-it-all google. Sometimes I feel that there is no end to this new words on bits of paper. I know of no other method to claim the unknown other than from looking for the unnamed.

In this book, I liked learning about the composite flowers - disk flowers, ray flowers, umbelliforms. I couldnt stop comparing watching birds and flowers with their little brown jobs & damned yellow composites link.

The essay on the isolated mountain ecology was great.

No comments: