Saturday, June 19, 2010

wordy distraction

This morning between birdwatching and making a lunch appointment, I had some miscalculated time on my hands. I had books but I didnt have the space. When I took the via point as a starbucks in a safeway, I was hoping for a place to sit. There were places to sit with either too much sun light facing east or no natural light inside. Shade of a tree next to a bike rack was the pit stop. When I had enough sun that I could take, I shut off boston cream pie's chatter and went with Tiramisu cake. Before billing , what should catch my eyes, a shelf full of books under the reading tree program. So now I have a Collins Italian- English dictionary to pair with a websters Spanish-English one.
A Different Angle - Fly fishing stories by women -
Wild Animus - Rich Shapero
Free falling and other student essays
1989 Europe- Fielding guide
On the road with Charles Kuralt
52 Florida weekends - Janet & Gordon Groene.

That was aperfect distraction for a time that I would have suffered to spend inside missing the sun. I was so much into sifting the books that I missed an announcement about some cake, which my Tiramisu reminded a lady next in line.

No comments: