Saturday, July 10, 2010

Secret Life of Bees

"Stingless bees tell other workers in the colony about a new food source by laying a scent trail between it and the nest."

(...)

While we are the workers at the nest, Sue Kidd is the 'talking bee' whose book ' The secret life of Bees' is the trail scent left to find the amazing food source , the book itself.

The novel has been excellently written, with stories rolling out of characters effortlessly. While I came across a line .. 'take everything T.Ray was not, shape it into a person, and you would get Walter Cronkite'.. I felt, I had already seen this usage in this book. Later on, I realised that I had come across it in Thomas Hardy's novel "The Return of the Native". But Kidd's style is very different and sweet like honey ... You will appreciate the author's success in coming up with a good style thats so easy to read.

Sep 3, 2005

No comments: