Saturday, July 10, 2010

Silk Parachute

'Silk Parachute' essay brought out a sense of disbilief as I was reading it.
'Spin right and Shoot left'- This essay's beginning didnt get me hooked into it, but I could connect more to it from the part where he mentions 'lax rats'(muggles of non lacrosse world) - another club member then.
'Checkpoints' - on fact checking at NYorker.

'My life list' was felt ronic compared to the birders list. Its kind of funny, the hundred kinds of tea he has in the wild. The point wouldnt have been driven home, if I hadnt read earlier in a survival-in-the-wild book about having pine tea. In this and the 'checkpoints' essay I noticed a similarity in the small sections being non -sequential - seeming like different takes on the whole run. A ploy to keep in mind for future writing.

June 6, 2010

No comments: