Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Senses

When Jack Hitt talks of seeing, he refers to an astronomer who can go into a room after staring at the sky and then return to the sky to tell if there has been any change in the sky. I wondered how good are we at each of our senses. For the smell, I know I am clueless.
When it comes to seeing, looking at this picture, I first saw a ceramic bowl tipped to its side. In 24 picture, I tend to look at the dark part and treat the left eye of the person as the right eye of another, all around looks like the hair lending an ape look.
Recently I surprised myself with my hearing. Before sleeping, I asked my husband 'What is that sound?' we both told each other that it is the AC. In the morning, I found it was the exhaust in the other bathroom. When I am in a room where both the exhaust and light are controlled by the same switch, I hate the noise. But without it, we could forget to switch off the exhaust. In the dark, light travels farther than sound.

No comments: