Thursday, September 20, 2007

Book Time

Yesterday saw this program on channel 8, ASU TV. ( Thankfully its not Casanova play time yet!)

There was Lee Smith talking about her writing. I dont know her. Her accent, the flash of her teeth and smile, made me think that I could place her if she was younger. So I kept watching for the clue. Lou Crabtree was an interesting person to know about.

Went into the kitchen. Fixed some dinner. Back after a while, saw Rob Kingsolver on the screen and saw a lady walk in the wilderness explaining that it was her playground. I was wondering if she was Barbara Kingsolver. Initially the movements, social injustice, she was talking of didnt ring well with the idea I have of her from the 'High Tide in Tucson' book of hers that I am reading.. As I followed her South to West, The Bean Trees talk... it was interesting to know her story, all the things her fans send her.

No comments: