Wednesday, May 02, 2012

How much are birds like us?



Manuka tree
Ponga fern
What is it like to be a bat?
Birds can sleep with one eye. Their eye size can rule when they begin singing in the day.
Lombard effect - Birds sing louder in a noisy environment.
Sylph
Birds and taste buds
Looking at this cover, my dad asks me if it is a kind of a bird. He tells me that ducks sleep with their bills stuck in the feathers. He inquires if I didnt watch it at the birdwatching place that I took him to.

There are certain things in the realms of ornithology which commonly pass as instinct for want a better of name, but which really are a recognizable part of a bird's economy [way of life].  - John gurney.

The flamingo's smile - Gould's essay.

Birds hearing fluctuates over seasons. Imagine all of us not being able to hear for some time.

No comments: