Saturday, June 24, 2006

Grow a Tree in a Day

Yesterday, I bared the heat to walk down to a corner where lay huge palm trees. Whats to be noted about them was that they were in a thick slab of mud. When I was introduced to this concept of trees grown at one place and planted elsewhere, it was new to me. I told this to my new friend from Texas and now every tree she looks at brings out a question "so you think, this is not grown insitu?" I look at the tree, and if it looks too manicured, then I say "No".
The night before when I saw these palm trees lying out like that, waiting to be planted, I wanted to take a picture of those and show it to my friend, but ah well, things happen so on time, that by the next evening they were planted.

PS: After an year, I am listening to the current affairs over the radio. As the world is getting high-tech, I am going retro. The 'any news' I heard this last year was all through word-of-mouth and now I am using a radio.

1 comment:

Maverick said...

do u knw they r doing this in India too, my frend who studies in kamineni medical clg, hyd said tht first to me, seems tht there campus became green overnight.

good tht u r hearing news someway,im still trying to take interest in hearing them.