Thursday, June 22, 2006

Havent you heard of 'Irrigation'?



As I write this, the tide has ebbed down and the floor is no longer sky or its reflection.
Two years ago, if such a thing happened, I would run to the place I detect as the source of problem and start turning some huge valve in this and that direction till I made sure that the water flow has stopped. I had done this twice. Infelt good and great, a little less heroic than Hans Brinker, the Dutch kid who stopped the water flow through the hole of a dyke with his finger.

The third time this happened, I couldnt stop the valve from cutting off the supply, so I just called the apartment office and the old lady there says 'havent you heard of irrigation?' This took a while to get through due to the accent and I hate the smell in her office, I am told its some Gardenia scent. Now I stay away from this. Last year when I got to see a Gardenia plant, I just appreciated it from a distance. Well, you cant do that much if you dont smell a flower close, but still.. and so even if Bath and Body goes to the extent of selling a Gardenia splash for $3, no I will not buy it.

No comments: