Sunday, June 18, 2006

The mystery of an unattended fish


Yesterday when we were taking a walk on the beach park, my friends eyes fell on a fish lying dead. We wondered how this happened? Also fishing is not allowed here.But I have seen people fish couple of times at this lake.
The park is closed after 12.00. But we were ofcourse solving the mystery of this fish, and now the case is oficially closed cause we now know how the fish landed up there.
More about rules. I have walked by the lake a little less than zillion times, until I found the 'gymhouse' more lucrative with all its indicators of burnt calories. There's an interesting essay 'Against Exercise' by Mark Greif in 'The Best American Essays 2005'. It touches on our current attitude to exercise. Interestingly, a reviewer thought this was the most dull and unreadable essay, while its the only essay I remember from that lot due to its relevance and context.

Back to rules. In the last almost two years, I never noticed this board with the park timings. And in the recent past, this 'timing' thing got too much attention. We were like anyway whats 'closed' for an all-out-in-the-open park?

This reminds me how all these instructions in different places just keep your mind busy, with 'dont do this' or 'this not allowed'.. I wonder how much of it is processed seriously.

PS: My friend felt that the lake was still like a mirror. I thought that was a great way to put it.

1 comment:

Maverick said...

now i can bare the mystery anymore, how did the fish land up there?