Sunday, December 31, 2006

My friends coins- My cash or not?

I have 9$, none mine. They just accumulated as pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters ( these I have already used up for laundry and coffee) and rejected coins( these went into the trash) from friends leaving for other places. The first friend to leave, gave me a plastic cover with many coins. Second friend to leave gave another such cover with a ' Can you convert these into cash? I would do it myself to see the interesting machine at Safeway which does that but I gotta leave'. Third friend to leave realised that there was no use asking me, so she entrusted me with the job of asking another friend to do it. That friend left too. With some time on hand and a post lunch body yearning to walk, I made the visit to the 'CoinMaster'- the Magician of the day. Now I am in the 'whose money is it?' pose.
From what I could make out of the inner workings of the machine- the coins had to go on a conveyor belt which had some turns when and then, I think they went into a tunnel...I could not see...And also the tunnel charges 8% tax...

No comments: