Sunday, December 31, 2006

Oops I did it again...

This adds to the if I see it happening twice...

Few months ago, when my friend and I stopped to get out of the bus to go to a mall.. it was a little early.. we had the intersection wrong and we had to walk more.. while walking we tried putting the blame on the other about who was behind the happening..
Day before yesterday, I thought I had the intersection name correct ... boy, I still had to do that extra walk again...
Today I made sure that I got the correct intersection name and was telling my friend that we have to get down at the stop after Dobson and so we have to watch out.. So during the talk she was asking me if the bus went only till McClintock.. I said, "no it goes all the way down to Dobson and beyond" .. I remember many stops.. she said that she read the sign saying Price road.. so I said "may be the Price road is after Dobson". And in 2 min, we were at Price road. And the mall still at one stop after Dobson.. The bus driver made his usual announcements of last stop. News is- we have to walk to Dobson.. the driver was showing it the sign language way of walking his fingers in air..
Only then did it strike me that today is Sunday and Mesa does not support bus service on Sunday. Now when was I told this before? Again some months ago, just before winter, when I had to buy a comforter.. my roommate and I had to walk 2 miles to the mall for the same reason which Mesa can avoid by just adding a 0.4% sales tax just like normal cities like Tempe....

No comments: