Saturday, March 27, 2010

Catalogue

Recently a student approached a music teacher, to learn to recognise songs. When the teacher realised that the student did not want to learn to sing, he was dismissed. When I heard Low Down of Boz Scaggs, I had already researched on the song and the singer and knew that I could recognise his name if I saw it again. When going through the newsletter of Palo Duro Canyon it was a eureka moment. I had a recent bout of frustration in pinning down India Arie's song Promises. The coffee shop where I first heard it could not place it as it was run as an assortment. Should they not have a catalogue like the assortment chocolate box where the pictures match the name? Now to recognise a song this way from a bunch of them, would call for time on the listeners part. There should be an LCD display of the active song.
Going back to the not yet student, the teacher lost a chance to make a music student.

No comments: