Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Whats that on the ground - Melting fast

Yesterday afternoon I was at my friends house. It was raining slant heavily. After feeling its measure, I ignored it when a visitor staring at the rain got our attention to the hail stones. I have seen them more than 15 years ago and didnt ever think if I will see them again.

With the tilted rain, I find myself on a wooden deck. The uneven, isolated stage of Wozzeck.

Later in the evening, I noticed some cacti by the freeway on the red background of soil and found that the roads were lined with a good number of trees. Thinking of this I was reminded of King Asoka's efforts in a similar endeavour. I wonder in which memory stack was this Ashoka tree buried. When I came close to the corner of my apartment complex, I saw pine trees alternate with eucalyptus and thought this feature fills the scape well. Mindscape As Landscape. The choice we make in remembering what we see, in seeing what is there. If I remember the trees by the roadside, I tend to fill the ground with grass in my mindscape.
A few days ago I decided that I should notice something new on the everyday route.

moonscape in Mali,essay in Nomads Hotel, Cees Nootebaum

No comments: